Debunking Ad Fraud Misconceptions
January 15, 2018
…and a Free eBook Download
Digital ad fraud touches everyone in the online marketing industry. While there remains a learning curve about ad fraud and the best ways to combat it, digital marketers would agree that there is a clear call to action to proactively prevent ad fraud in the future. The problem is uncovering the best way to make it happen.
The need to eliminate ad fraud is very real, and despite resounding agreement across the digital advertising industry, there remains common misconceptions about the best ways to combat ad fraud.
Here are a few of them:
- To avoid bots, just buy premium: False. Methbot attacked some of the most highly-priced ad inventory on the internet.
- Fake traffic is spread evenly across the internet: False. Ad fraud happens in a concentrated, smaller percentage of websites.
- Real traffic on sites with fake traffic is still valuable: Not all real traffic is created equally. Even a site with 30-40% fraudulent traffic will fail to deliver the same conversion rate if 60-70% of traffic comes from real people.
- Eliminating bots will stop fraud:. Ad fraud goes beyond the bots. Scammers are finding a variety of ways to funnel ad dollars.
- Only new publishers have to be monitored: All publishers need to be screened in an ongoing fashion to ensure their traffic is of high quality. Any internet property is subject to fraud at any moment in time.
You need to equip yourself with the knowledge you need to successfully combat ad fraud.
That’s why Acuity has developed the “Protecting Your Brand Against Ad Fraud” eBook: to help digital marketers safely and successfully play a vital role in protecting and growing the digital advertising ecosystem.